Image Map

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Waiting for Fall

I am waiting for fall.
Waiting for the heat to cool down. I'm longing for the crispy morning air. And the chill in the evenings.
But although the days pass quickly, seasons change slowly here.
I remember autumn in Holland. The colors. And the smell of rain. Stormy days. Umbrellas. Spider webs on my bike in the mornings. Thousands of leaves flying through the air and streets.
I don't miss it much. The sun kisses our faces here every morning. It warms our heart and soul.
But I am over sweaty faces and I'm over flip flops and tank tops after so many months.
I want to snuggle up in cozy café's again. I want to wear boots. I want to take a walk on the beach, watching the waves of a sea that has turned from a bright blue to greens and greys. The wind messing up my hair. With pink cheeks and wrapped up in a scarf. I want to sleep under a warm blanket again, feeling the comfort.
Soon.. nature is telling me, soon. Greens turn into shades of gold.  Tourists are slowly leaving. The sun, still strong, is setting a bit sooner now. Fall is still not here yet, but it's arrival has been announced.





 photo Canimbenimsig.jpg

No comments :

Post a Comment