Image Map

Thursday, April 6, 2017

A little THANK YOU to end the year with (published in HELLO Alanya, December 2014)



It’s the last month of the year, the last magazine and a last little word from me here before 2014 ends. Therefore I would like to say a little word of gratitude before the clock strikes 12 and all eyes will be on 2015. We may not celebrate Thanksgiving in Europe but when looking back at a whole year that has passed, we automatically reflect on all the things that we are thankful for. 
It makes us realize how much we have been given and how rich we really are. It’s all about the simple yet most valuable things in life that aren’t actually ‘things’, like having a loving family and dear friends, a good health, a cozy home and all the things we get to do that excite us, that nourish our soul and that make us prosper and grow on a personal level. One of my thank you’s here goes out to Cindy, for giving me this crispy white page in her magazine to fill with all that I want to write about.  It’s a beautiful way of sharing thoughts and stories with you. And I am equally thankful for you, dear readers, you who read my columns every month and who like them and comment on them, who let me know that you enjoy reading them. I enjoy hearing from you just as much. But also those of you that I don’t hear or see and who simply like to just take a few moments to read this column before going on with your daily life, thank you for doing so. As much as a violin wants to be played, a heart wants to be touched and a cake wants to be eaten, written words just want to be read. So thank you for doing exactly that and for actively or silently taking part in a little journey to somewhere together.
I’ll be driving home for Christmas soon (are you hearing the tune?) to spend the holidays with my family in France. I am a December child and I love Christmas. We have always celebrated a traditional Christmas in my family and growing up in Germany the Christkind used to bring some real magic into our home. Now that I’m a mother myself I would love to pass this beautiful tradition on to my son. But living in Turkey that’s a bit harder said than done. Though Christmas is much about gifts and food and cookies and looking all dressed up, I also want him to experience and understand the ‘real’ Christmas, not only the ‘gimmie an iPad’ kind of Christmas. And my parent’s place in a small village in the mountains of France with snow and a tree and all is a great place for that. Though I’m afraid it’s going to be everything but silent nights holy nights since we’re dealing with some serious teething at the moment, but it will definitely be jingle all the way. And I’m already looking forward to it. Weather you will be celebrating Christmas or not, I want to wish you all a beautiful December month wherever you are and a very Happy New Year!




 photo Canimbenimsig.jpg

No comments :

Post a Comment