Image Map

Saturday, May 30, 2015

15 weeks - taking my baby to the west coast

I'm back from an amazing trip with Elif to Izmir. We stayed in the city for about 5 days and then visited surrounding historical places and villages by the sea like Ephesus, Sirince, Foca and Kusadasi. At the end of the trip we also visited Elif's parents in Buharkent, a village close to Denizli , and stayed there for a couple of days. It was lovely. We walked and saw so much. I felt great and not tired at all. Sickness is gone and I didn't even need afternoon naps. I guess that's because the days were filled with lots of fun and exciting sightseeing that kept me distracted from feeling tired. You can read more about our trip and the places we visited under the category Turkey on the right side of your screen.
I discovered a stork in the village of Elif's parents. Beautiful deliverer of little bundles of joy.. what a perfect timing:) ♥

Size of the baby: 11 cm, about the size of an apple.
I discovered Babycenter.com thanks to my friend Sandra. Love the website, there's so much information and advise there. I have to do without a midwife here and doctor appointments are pretty short and to the point so this is a great place to turn to, to find out what's going on in my body and with the baby and to understand my symptoms better. They have this funny page called: from poppy seed to pumpkin, a real world guide to answer that pressing question of: how big is my baby? I like comparing it to something else, to get an idea of how big (or better said how small) it really is if I would hold it in my hands, but for now lying safely inside my belly.
Cravings: I suddenly like Erik, who would have thought?! Eriks are these little green and sour plums that they eat here, sprinkled with salt, and everyone is crazy about them. They are picked and eaten unripe and only appear for a short time in spring. B absolutely loves them and I always watched him with disbelief eating a whole bowl of those. Now, to my own surprise, I think they are delicious.
Symptoms: I can feel like almost dying from hunger and then feel extremely full after just a couple of bites. And if I wait too long with getting breakfast I get dizzy and feel like fainting.
Happy moment this week: So many. That trip has been so much fun. And I think the fresh air from the Aegean Sea did me good, I really popped this week.
What I’m looking forward to: Feeling my baby kick for the first time. I wonder so much what that's like. They say that it starts with 17 or 18 weeks but first time moms might feel it a bit later and maybe not recognize it as kicks right away. I can't wait to feel it.
I got my very first baby present this week, from Elif while we were in Izmir. It's so cute, I love it.
I didn't buy anything for the baby myself yet. It was hard to hold back but I want to find out if it's a boy or girl first. And then there is my planned trip to Amsterdam where I will probabely shop a lot. So I just need to be patient for a little longer...



 photo Canimbenimsig.jpg

No comments :

Post a Comment