Image Map

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Blogs are like windows

I want to take a little moment here to tell you all that you are truly amazing and that I feel so excited and motivated to continue writing this blog thanks to you all. Since I started this blog a few months ago, it has been quoted, published and commented on and it’s so cool to realize that this whole writing adventure is turning into a give and take experience.
I had my sister here for a week and we had lots of fun together. But she left yesterday and I felt a bit down and empty after she was gone. That’s when I opened my blog and saw a comment on my Alaçatı post that instantly cheered me up and made my day: “You’re so cool! I don’t suppose I’ve read something like this before. So good to search out someone with some original thoughts on this subject. Really thanks for beginning this up. This website is something that is needed on the net, someone with just a little originality. Useful job for bringing something new to the web!”
Dear Jose Mis, thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think about it. I really appreciate it. Offering a different and refreshing look on the subjects I write about is exactly what I want to accomplish with my blog. I know that there are a lot of opinions out there about Turkey, good and not so good. Living here I find myself often confronted with both. So much has been said and written in the media about this country, it’s people, culture, history, politics and religion. Here and in Europe. And often without being aware of it we turn these opinions into judgments, judgments that we start to believe hold the truth. And we allow them to accompany us on our journeys in life, we carry them like glasses through which we see the world around us. But personal experiences and encounters teach us different. We come to understand time and again that there is an endless spectrum of colors between the black and white. With this blog all I want to accomplish is to open the hearts and minds (including my own) a little bit more towards everything that Turkey is about. I want to let things speek for themselves and I want to focus on the bright side of life. There is so much beauty around us. So much creativity, talent and inspiration. Sometimes right in front of us, out in the open and sometimes hidden. I wish for this blog to become like a window inside the walls of this construction that we call the net. A window for readers on both sides, in Europe and in Turkey, to look through and to hopefully enjoy what they see on the other side.. while making up their own minds about it.
So thank you all again for encouraging me to do so. And for your contribution by spreading the word (better said the link) and sending me your comments and thoughts. I love hearing from you.

Blessings,
K.


Below a few pictures with my noodle sister at the end of a day at the beach.


































































 photo Canimbenimsig.jpg

No comments :

Post a Comment