Image Map

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Prêt - à - manger

And from the French chocolate heavens to the Turkish fruit and veggie paradise:



The first thing I do when I come back home is running to my local Manav (fruit and vegetable shop) down the street to buy bags full of seasonal greens and vitamins. Their offer is always super fresh and comes from the local farmers around Alanya. Sticks and tree leaves attached. And I could hug them for cleaning everything first before presenting it in neat and shiny piles and pyramids, grouped by sorts and all. I feel healthy just standing inside this shop colorful and airconditioned shop. And as if that weren't enough, you're invited to taste everything before you buy it. Not to say that they almost insist that you do, proud as they are of their high quality products.
Looking around here makes me instantly want to cook fresh and healthy dishes, eat carrots for a snack and make fruit smoothies for breakfast. Where in Europe the fruits and veggies barely get a front seat in the supermarket show, individually wrapped up in cellophane, here they take the center stage. And they never looked soooo good.
I have no problem replacing the bonbons for cherry tomatoes.. for a while. Since I gained those winter holidays pounds over a period of 4 weeks, I intend to eat healthy and nutritional foods only for the next for weeks to balance it out. Sounds fair don't you think? So here we go. Join me if you like, it will be more fun. Of course, buying them like makes it much more motivating and easy. But see if you can find a Turkish store in your neighborhood. I remember those in Amsterdam were pretty good too.
Don't these pomgranates and apples look like candy? Yammy yammy.




  Lemons anyone?















Salads for lunch AND dinner


 Easy to get lost inside these mountains of greens on eye level. Very nice boy who always packs my bags and carries them to the car. I promised to mention that his English is really good.



 photo Canimbenimsig.jpg

No comments :

Post a Comment