Image Map

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Spring time fever

Spring has arrived in full colour and scent. New expectations and plans lie ahead.
Our restaurant is open again. The first tourist come and enjoy a meal in the sunlight at our round tables on the balcony, framed by little red and white flowers.
The beach houses are getting ready too.. cleaning the sand of stones and glass washed to the shore by the heavy waves this winter.
I had a friend from Amsterdam visiting me over the last ten days. We went out to take a lot of photographs. We took some nice shots which I can't show you yet because they will be published together with my interview in Hello Alanya Magazine in the April issue.
But I do want to show you these two little fishermen. They proudly posed for this abla, showing me their catch while we passed them on a late afternoon at the pier by the harbor.

It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade.  ~Charles Dickens, 
Great Expectations











I will be off to Izmir in a couple of days. I've planned a little road (and shopping) trip with Elif, who's already there, seeing her family. So I will have many new pictures and things to show you again when I get back.
Oh, and I have one more wonderful news to share: I have been asked to write a monthly column for Hello Alanya Magazine! How much fun is that?:) Starting from May, I will be a published columnist, writing about Turkey, my life here in Alanya and.. of course, Canim Benim. You'll be able to follow the columns via their website by then, and I will put a link up for you as well. I'll keep you posted on this one.
You see? That's what spring does.. it makes us want to explore, be outside when days get longer again and engage in a new adventure. What's stopping you? ;-)

Enjoy! 

 photo Canimbenimsig.jpg

No comments :

Post a Comment